Wildblood Macdonald were commissioned as architects to design and over see the extensive remodelling and sensitive extension of this ancient and historic manor house on the outskirts of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
The history of Cragg Hall can be traced as far back as the 1500s. Originally located in the village of Fewston in the Washburn Valley, the hall along with the village was abandoned following the construction of Fewston and Swinsty reservoirs in the late 1800s. In 1957 the ruined manor was purchased from the local water authority and painstakingly taking down and rebuilt stone by stone at its present site on Holly Hill, Huby.
Wildblood Macdonald were appointed as architects and lead consultants on this project to adapt the historic building and extend the ground floor living area to provide open plan living suitable for a modern home.
Internally existing historic parts of the building were sensitively restored and incorporated into the new interiors, while externally new extensions were restricted to the rear of the property to ensure that the original charm of the property remained.